Article IV, Part Third, Section 14 of the maine State Constitution

Article IV, Part Third, Section 14 of the Maine State Constitution says:

Corporations shall be formed under general laws, and shall not be created by special Acts of the Legislature, except for municipal purposes, and in cases where the objects of the corporation cannot otherwise be attained, and, however formed , they shall forever be subject of the general laws of the state ( emphasis mine)

Quote from the legislative Charter for Brunswick Landing Maine's Center for Innovation : The Midcoast Regional Redevelopment Authority is established as a body corporate and politic and a public instrumentality of the State to carry out the purposes of this article. The authority is entrusted with acquiring and managing the properties within the geographic boundaries of Brunswick Naval Air Station. [2009, c. 641,
§1 (AMD).]
1. Powers. The authority is a public municipal corporation and may:D. Exercise the power of eminent domain; [2005, c. 599, §1 (NEW).]

Share

Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Preserving The American Political Philosophy: Public Support Needed for Independent Journalism in Maine


Update 1:23 PM- I took the leap of faith in myself and took the deal- biggest concern is spreading my self too thin which at this time in my life is particularly risky- but the deal and payment plan are the best I expect to find and this is the best time of year, cash flow wise to take this leap of faith and of course a very persistent sales person factored into the decision. Still it would be nice to see some public support in the form of a response to my call to action- that makes a world of difference. So expect to see less blog activity as my energy goes to this project- other than trying to get the public to support my project goal so that I can also become a Beacon Reader author. I can't do that one on my own- Becoming a Beacon Reader journalist depends on showing that the public is willing to support me through financial contributions - so Please consider extending your generosity in support of my project. I will let you know what I think of the iuniversal program in futu
http://bit.ly/1R2gQv0