Article IV, Part Third, Section 14 of the maine State Constitution

Article IV, Part Third, Section 14 of the Maine State Constitution says:

Corporations shall be formed under general laws, and shall not be created by special Acts of the Legislature, except for municipal purposes, and in cases where the objects of the corporation cannot otherwise be attained, and, however formed , they shall forever be subject of the general laws of the state ( emphasis mine)

Quote from the legislative Charter for Brunswick Landing Maine's Center for Innovation : The Midcoast Regional Redevelopment Authority is established as a body corporate and politic and a public instrumentality of the State to carry out the purposes of this article. The authority is entrusted with acquiring and managing the properties within the geographic boundaries of Brunswick Naval Air Station. [2009, c. 641,
§1 (AMD).]
1. Powers. The authority is a public municipal corporation and may:D. Exercise the power of eminent domain; [2005, c. 599, §1 (NEW).]


Tuesday, November 24, 2009

The Expansion of the "do-Gooodism" Class

When the government funds a private investment company on a yearly and ongoing basis to the tune of 10% of their investment capital, - but that 10% is not issued in stock, then that 10% is socialized risk - without any gain attached. The other 90 % - private investors in “high growth “ businesses is the privatized gain. The Maine taxpayers are giving grants to investors in high growth capitalism, even as there is a large state budget deficit.

Why do the taxpayers do this? Because the high growth capitalists are designators “do-gooders” under the government ordained “do-goodism” policy, which in it’s own language merges government and commercial enterprises.

It is my understanding the United States is founded on the Christian belief in the goodness of all men- “all men are created equal”- so why do we now have special classes of people that are designated as the “do gooders “class? Why is money being extracted from the only capitalization available to small and modest growth businesses- their self generated profits, and being used to finance high growth capitalist investors?

This law was created prior to the current administration, when our governor was an independent. Our current governor is a disciple of Richard Florida’s “creative class” – a rage that has taken over other states as well. So not only do we have a “do-gooders” class of people” but we also have a “creative class” of people, who deserve to be rewarded more than others. The “creative economy” movement is really a wealth redistribution movement. It has never directly benefited jobs for the voters of Maine, but instead aims to attract wealth to the state in the form of “the creative class’ of which one attribute is that they are a moneyed class of people.

When “do-goodism” was allocated to non-profits, the law required a publically accessible annual report. I can find not such information at the Small Business Growth Fund. I cannot find any mention of what the taxpayer gets in return for the money put into this high growth investment group. Therefore I am lead to the obvious conclusion. The people get nothing in return. The "grant" is justified solely on the basis that this group are the government-designated “do-gooders” of society- a designation that they share with non-profit organizations. What does that make those on the outside of this special class of businesses- the “do-badders”? It seems the bad reputation that high growth capitalism used to have has now been cleansed by:”do-goodism” and transferred to small and modest growth capitalism- who are under the Obama world view a group of greedy capitalists who should have their profits extracted to the benefit of the designated do-gooders society, if they make a profit of $250,0000.00 which is peanuts to “high- growth investors”.

When I went to the “Juice Confewrence” , I saw many badges that said “Art=Jobs” and I though, yea- right! How many jobs? The artists in Maine are being used as pawns in a game- It’s the age old wisdom that artist have the power to bring about the gentrification of communities- after which the communities that the artists gentrified become neighborhoods too expensive for most artists and the artist community is forced to leave. The artists are not creating a significant number of jobs, they are perceived as a lure to attract a moneyed class of people- and that is the goal of the “creative economy” movement. Small businesses are defined according to the number of jobs they provide, not by the amount of wealth they generate. So a small business employing 2 people and generating billions of dollars of wealth is still just a small business- a “high growth” small business.

No comments:

Post a Comment